Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The beginning (thanks ESSAP 2008)

Ok, here I am too to contribute at the multitude of blogs!
Yeah... like if someone finds interesting a drop of water in the ocean.
I've always wondered what kind of immense ego one has to have to think that his diary is worthy. I thought things like "Who are you? Don't you have anything better to do!?". Is my stream of consciousness really relevant to someone else?
But I found me reading the posts of my friends for just curiosity, to learn new things and know but they really think. Stuff that is more elaborate and intimate than the face to face talk. It's deeper feedback on the world around me. To improve the quality of my job or life. That is what is really all about.
Feedback, feedback, feedback. And sharing, sharing, sharing.
These are the leading principles of Agile methodologies. I find it interesting to have connections with control system theory. Systems with feedback can have the most controllable and stable (i.e. sustainable) performance.
Wait! This is not the new Scientology. This is the real stuff.
It's just one year that I'm digging to understand what Web 2.0, Enterprise 2.0 and Agile/XP are preaching. I've just attended the fantastic 3rd European Summer School on Agile Programming (ESSAP: http://essap.dicom.uninsubria.it/) and in one way or the other this blog post is the first public consequence of it. One might say that we never talked about blogs during ESSAP. Right. Whatever.
I really recommend this course to any coder out there. I really appreciated the techniques to reduce redundant discussions during meetings using mind maps, wikis and simple stickers on a blackboard. That's pretty non-obvious in certain places like the one I come from...
And now expect more posts! About anything, from coding to computer graphics. From music to travels. You are warned!

No comments: