Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back from Intergeo in Bremen

My first month in the new company is gone. Lots of things to do: move to new the house, set up a minimal development enviroment and sniff around the situation. In fact I just came back from Intergeo in Bremen to see the state of the art in geomatics. 

Lots of planning to do now in order to define development priorities. Find people to hire.
At the moment I have just installed Bugzilla and TWiki for the company intranet. I had to uncover from the dust my skills with Linux... there is my blood on the keyboard!!!
I have switched from Subversion to Mercurial. I have tried also Git, which seems in the trend now, but I found it not as smooth as Mercurial, at least on Windows. Maybe I will post something more detailed about it in the future. 
Back to work now...

No comments: